Introducing the New Tripac E
Introducing the New Tripac E from Thermo King.
Eliminate unnecessary truck idling, keep drivers comfortable and save money.
The TriPac e is an electric, battery-based APU system solution capable of cooling and heating. Thermo King has taken the technology and expertise from the industry-leading TriPac APU system and applied that knowledge to the TriPac e system to meet anti-idle and anti-emissions regulations nationwide, including CARB requirements.
The simple HMI (Human Machine Interface) is the driver control module that is typically mounted in the bunk area. It is an easy-to-use control that allows the driver to select the desired function of the system.
- No engine in system = no direct fuel consumption and low emissions
- Offers superior run time compared to other battery systems
- Easy to operate controller
- No DPF requirements with CARB
- Comply with anti-idle laws
- The HMI (Human Machine Interface) – the simple in-cab controller
- Truck cab cooling for driver comfort
- Four 12 Vdc, 1150 CCA Thermo King NXT batteries
- SCM (Smart Charger Module) technology – providing individual charging and discharging management for each battery
- TK Monitor – allows downloads to computer for display of the dashboard, upgrade, system monitoring, and service tests. Helpful for faster diagnostics
- Data Logger System – logs the system operating condition every five minutes, containing nearly 30 days of information.
- High Output Heater
- Brushed Stainless Steel Condenser Cover
- Flush Mount Kits
- Shore Power Converter
- Engine: No engine needed.
- Power Source: Battery Pack – Four 12 Vdc Thermo King NXT batteries for deep cycle use in the APU and starting. This is the primary source , Secondary source will be the OEM truck battery bank, Shore Power – Optional 115 Vac Power Converter can provide additional source of system power when plugged in
- Evaporator Airflow: 270 ft³/min
- Refrigerant: HFC R-134a
- Compressor: Thermo King Air Conditioning Compressor
- System Air Conditioning Capacity: ARI STD 310/380 – Standard for Packaged Terminal Air-Conditioners and Heat Pumps for the rating conditions of 80F Box, 50% humidity, and 95F ambient., 7,200 BTU/hr
- System Heating Capacity (Optional): Fuel-Fired bunk heater, 7,500 BTU/hr, 13,600 BTU/hr (high output)
- Weight: (approximate): TriPace (including 4 batteries): 505 lbs.
- Dimensions: Unit: Height: 27 in., Width: 20 in., Depth: 18 in.
- Dimensions: Evaporator: Height: 16 in., Width: 22 in., Depth: 8 in.