CARB Compliant Engine
CARB engine compliance year Lookup, click on the link below.
Click Here for your CARB Engine Information
Units affected: Most units manufactured after January 1, 2003.
Determining Model Year for CARB Compliance
model year for CARB Compliance
Compliance Method and Recommendations
Engine: Retrofit TRU with a new engine *** Ideal solution to acheive compliance while
reducing maintenance costs
Electricity:Use electric standby to eliminate *** Appropriate for units originally equipped with
diesel engine operation at a facility electric standby, must equip facility with plugs
for each unit
New Equipment: Purchase new equipment *** New units are EPA compliant. CARB regulations
requires upgrades to units 7 or more years old
Transport Refrigeration Unit (TRU or Reefer)
The Air Resources Board's (ARB) Transport Refrigeration Unit (TRU) Airborne Toxic Control Measure (ATCM) remains in effect for TRUs operating in California, including the December 31, 2009, requirements for the first phase of TRUs (model year 2002 and older).
- Compliance is required by January 1, 2010 for 2001 and older engine model year
transport refrigerations units
- Per CARB: Violators will be fined $1000 on the spot if caught out of CARB
compliance and 60 days to prove compliance or penalties will be levied.
- Thermo King offers a variety of options to help your business comply with
CARB regulations, including new units and Tier 4i engine kits.
THERMO KING CARB-COMPLIANT 2010 ENGINES
- Lowest life cycle cost solution for CARB compliance
- 2- year warranty on dealer-installed engines
CARB-Compliant Reman Engines for Carrier Trailer Applications
- A cost-competitive alternative for your CARB compliance needs
Remanufactured with CARB-approved "match set"
parts, resulting in a Tier II-compliant engine
- Approved for use in California through 2014
- 2-year warranty on dealer-installed engines
- Backed by nationwide Thermo King dealer network
Thermo King Truck Units with SmartPower Electric Standy
- An alternative strategy for complying with CARB Regulations
- Use at facilities where 3 or more refrigerations units operate
- Good option for truck fleets making deliveries to convenience stores & restuarants
See CARB regulations and FAQ for more information on electric standby
record keeping and operation requirements
Contact us at (262) 835-9901 for more information on new truck refrigeration
units with SmartPower Electric Standby.
Designed to maximize the life of Thermo King units, engine products are offered with nationwide warranty coverage; that doubles when dealer installed, providing the best assurance the industry has to offer. Insist on genuine Thermo King products...there is a difference!